Tuesday 21 April 2015

Big Screen Adaptation of Kensuke's Kingdom


It's an exciting day, as finally I can reveal some concept art from the forthcoming animated feature production of Kensuke's Kingdom - an action adventure film based on the much-loved and best-selling book by Michael Morpurgo (War Horse).

The project was brought to me and fellow director Kirk Hendry by producers Sarah Radclyffe, Barnaby Spurrier and Anna Webster, and it's a story we immediately fell in love with. It's a perfect mix of action, adventure, high emotion, and fun, set in a dazzling - and sometimes deadly -tropical paradise.

As the producers work hard to raise the financing for this project, Kirk and I have developed concept paintings working with the multi-Oscar-winning production company Framestore. These images are now exclusively up at Cartoon Brew

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. "hand-drawn characters, miniature landscapes, matte painting, and CG environment effects to tie it all together" sounds amazing! good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if we can just pull the full budget together 'Kensuke' will make an amazing movie. Frank Cottrell Boyce's screenplay is superb, one of the best I've ever read. Keep your fingers crossed for us! Thanks Marc.

      Delete
  2. Dear Mr. Boyle. I am a student studying English-Chinese translating at Newcastle University. I am preparing to do a subtitle translation project, and I am extremely interested in your fantastic work The Last Belle. I would like to translate it into Chinese and subtitle it. Would you mind talking about this with me through email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To contact me please go to The Last Belle website and use the 'contact' button. Thanks Vanilla LI.

      Delete